Aug 21, 2009

Days 9 & 10

I think I'm slowly starting to get used to all this. Tiring still, yes. But very much more manageable.
We're slowly letting my mom do certain things now. Such as getting her own (already sliced) bread and spreading her own marmalade on it.
Because she's had to have both her breasts and most of her lymph nodes on her left underarm removed, she still does not have full usage of her arms and upper body. especially the left side. Although I'm sure she will be able to open the fridge and twist off the cover of the jam jar, she's not supposed to do such things. Which is why there needs to be someone with her almost all the time. This is because she can get hungry very suddenly (I believe this is the doing of that darn chemo) and needs to eat once she is hungry.
On Thursday, my mom's friend came by with her 'domestic helper'. We'll be getting help with cleaning! =D This will definitely be so very helpful! (a blog-worthy post would be on the usage and treatment of such 'domestic helpers' here...)

I've had 3 huge canker sores for the past (almost) 2 weeks. So eating has been quite a pain some days, really. They seem to be healing fine now, and I really hope that by Sunday, I'll be able to eat a 'salad wrap'. Tons of raw veggies, wrapped in pita or something. I can't wait for the day I can chomp down on that!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My adopted mom aka the boys Nana had a double mastectomy 5 years ago. She is doing great now. You would never know she had surgery or even breast cancer. She is very active.

You and your mom are in our thoughts and prayers.

Krys (www.twoveganboys.wordpress.com)

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm glad your mom is getting a bit better...you are such a great daughter...How blessed your mom is!

Sorry abt the canker sore...that really does suck. I hope they heal soon!